Combined Heat and Power
Cogeneration is the simultaneous production of electricity and heat, both of which are used. Cogeneration offers energy savings ranging beetween 15-40% as well as a CO2 reduction ranging between 15% and 25%. High-Efficiency Cogeneration (HEC) units may access the white certificates scheme, which economically rewards Energy Efficiency.
- hospitals, nursing homes and tourists accommodations
- industries that require electricity, heat and/or cooling in production processes;
- industries producing waste or sludge for disposal or purification
- wastewater treatment plants and landfills
- subjects having liquid biomass plant